Friday, 8 November 2013

Post Scriptum?

I can't decide, as you may have guessed from the title.

It does seem a little odd to declare publicly that one is not going to blog any more, and then write something else.  But I am missing this in a quite unexpected way - writing, I mean  - and I am wondering whether to continue.  So I think that I shall just see how this goes.  Maybe there will be more, I don't know.

Things are very quiet here at the moment.  November is not a month that I like very much. The days get shorter so quickly, and it feels as if the year is sliding downhill towards the solstice.  But although we've had a lot of wind and rain, the weather still continues unseasonably mild.  We have not yet had a frost, and that really is unusual for late autumn.

On the knitting front, things have been fairly productive.  There was a cardigan for a friend, this was a relatively quick knit during September; and during October I finished a Thing for Rowan, about which I can say nothing at all.  As always, this is most frustrating. 

I do enjoy being one of the team of Rowan handknitters, very much, and I am actually rather proud of it.  I can't say that I'm secretly proud of it, because these words are rather public, let us not forget.  But from a blogger's point of view, it is definitely not the easiest thing.  

Anyway.  A Thing for Rowan, finished at the end of October.  I shall put that in my list as Thing O, and you may read into that what you will.

Right now I'm finishing a cardigan for my daughter.  I could post a picture, but really - a dark navy sleeve on the needles is not the most interesting of images.  

7 comments:

Barb said...

Glad you chose to return!

Anonymous said...

Me too! Lovely to 'see' you even if less often x

Barbara said...

I think anyone writing a blog should do it because they enjoy it, not primarily for anyone else. So if you want to write occasionally that's good, and I'll enjoy reading it.

fishfarms said...

I am so glad you are back to posting. Really missed you and your lovely words and photos.

Gail

Mairead Hardy said...

Just popped in out of the blue and you'd posted again! Nice to see you writing again, but it has to be on your terms.

Sel and Poivre said...

Oh how nice to hear from you! I just saw the link on Ravelry!

Christina said...

Well I am glad I stopped to have a read even though you may not be writing anymore.

Brilliant tips, Fiona. Thank you for sharing x